Tuesday 4 August 2015

What's On My Workdesk Wednesday 322? Fall out!



Hello Fellow Desker from Julia's place over at Stamping Ground.

Here you see my desk in all it's chaotic glory...

Working from the bottom of the pile upwards...

Sticking out is my art journal page which I will be teaching at a store on the 22 August.  "Take time to focus on the little things in life".  I made the stamp of the camera by die cutting art/fun foam and sticking it onto acetate from packaging. (as seen at the back of my desk)  I did the same with Tim's block  talk alpha die and made word stamps.  Useful for teaching large groups where individual letter stamps could get lost in the chaos.  Not to mention that the letter "T" was needed 7 times in this title alone!

Piled on top of it are the bits and bobs I used to create the page as well as two sets of "Nail Art" pots of micro beads.  Much cheaper to buy them like this and great for classes as they are already in cute little round containers for easy kitting...

Then there is my pile of stamps on the left in their pink and blue folders under which are my new alphabet set of stamps still in their packaging.  I nearly made the mistake of only purchasing half the alphabet!  Luckily a fellow shopper spotted my mistake and brought me the other packet...  How silly of them to be packaged it like that!  Who needs only the first or last half of an alphabet?  I thought them a great size for Art journal titles.

I have just noticed my archival ink and Timmy clock stencil perched precariously on the edge of an abyss!

Time to tidy up and pack away so I can start again another day!

17 comments:

  1. What a great Idea to use fun foam for stamping letters must remember that one and your space is just so full of activity this week love your journal page :) hugs Nikki ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, great idea with the letter stamps.. hope the piles didn't all fall on the floor.. Helen 3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in awe of how you used your die cutting machine. That was clever to stick the foam on packaging acetate. That is one of those "DUH" moments, if I ever read one!! Happy WOYWW from #2. OH yes, please pick up that stamp before it falls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely journal page and what a great idea using your die cutting machine to make stamps! have fun teaching your class of lucky students,
    Lynda B 12

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great class you have planned! The colours are gorgeous! Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bella, looks like you are going to be well organised for your class, lucky class! Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 19

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely busy desk... gorgeous journal pages
    happy woyww
    Charlie :) #9
    or find me here https://craftroomdiary.wordpress.com/2015/08/05/woyww-august-5th-2015/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bella, I'm happy I'm seeing lots of desks looking like mine this morning! I'd probably have done the same with the alpha stamps- you just don't expect to only get half the alphabet in a stamp set do you? Love the journal page, by the way, gorgeous colours. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #4 xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your journal page. Green is my favourite colour. How clever making your camera stamp from fun foam. I'm going to give that a try. Good luck with your workshop. You certainly seem very organised. Have a lovely week. Barb #20 xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK..that was a "Duh" moment; Thanks for sharing your foam idea for the alphabets!! The journal page is great, and while I was a bit shocked at first view, your desk still seems pretty much in control.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving your busy desk Bella. That journal page is fab.
    Guess who forgot it was Wednesday?!! Doh!!!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the backgrounds on your journal pages! I've done that too ... turned die cuts into stamps, with mixed success, but the one of the camera looks very good :)
    Have a great week,
    RosA

    ReplyDelete
  13. Of course, you do realise that I had to count the T's then....!! It's a great font actually, reasonably condensed but clear to read. Julia will want that one...she is the text queen after all!!
    Hugs, LLJ 14 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a good idea to use foam in the die cutting machine and using it to stamp! I have many letter stamps but never the right size! I will try that, thanks.
    Apologies for the late comment. I've been so busy yesterday...
    A blog hug from me,
    Lisca#25

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Bella, Love the focus pages. Tape can be a very good friend. Looks like you have been having loads of crafty fun. Sorry I am a bit behind this week. Peg R 53

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just love your busy desk this week! Understandable about the alphabet hoopla, only those looking for money would divide it half. Love the bright colors of your your journal page. Diane 28

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your page - love the green you used. Crazy selling an alphabet in two halves - where is the thinking behind that once has to wonder.
    Hope the workshop went well - should have, it is fab!
    Hugs, Neet xx (sorry I am so late)

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.