Sunday 3 May 2015

Sew Like a Pro

Hello there

One of our local Scrapbook Stores Scrapbook Studio in J Bay is running a competition till the 8 May.  I decided to do the Sew Like a Pro challenge and have loved every minute!

I lost my best friend Claire on 8 Dec 2013 to breast cancer and to honour her I decided to dye my hair pink for a year.  I have continued past the year mark, but realised that I had not documented my pink hair.  So I organised a photo shoot in February and finally made this page thanks to the challenge!

I have not done much scrapping recently as I have been distracted by mixed media, Art Journalling and Steampunk!

I used Dylusions Bubblegum Pink spray over my gauze onto my white Bazzil  card stock which I then cut my title Pink out of and punched my hearts.  I also dyed my cotton with the spray to match! The Bubblegum pink is the exact colour of my hair and I even use it to touch up when it fades! LOL!

This is how I started my page...The word pink is from old Basic Grey lettering that I keep to trace round as stencils.
I have stamped on my photos and on the cardstock and added some stencilling for good measure.




2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page Bella! And what a noble cause to color your hair...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful page and a wonderful tribute to Claire. I love your pink hair it looks amazing .... So much to look at on the layout and pulled off with your usual style. A lovely piece.

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.