Sunday 9 November 2014

October Tag for Tim's 12 Tags of 2014




This is my take on Tim's October tag for 2014.  However...it is not a tag!  For two reasons:
1)  We are now at the end of Spring!  So fall leaves are not appropriate, but bright colours and spring insects are what are happening in my half of the world.
2)  I don't have the leaf die and embossing folder, but I do have this delicious dragonfly!  However, he does not fit on a tag, not even remotely...I know Tim trimmed his leaf, but I would have lost too much of the wings to make this a tag.  So it is now a canvas!
 Here is a size 10 tag with my distress paint embossed as per Tim's instructions.  Seemed a pity to hide all this yummy marbled paint, so I die cut a smaller dragonfly out of the extra bits.
 Here is my desk when I had finished...Serious shrinkage from 24"x24" down to 6"x6"!  How does that happen?
 I have sticky embossing powder, but I did not have silver foil, only gold so I opted to use the new Distress stain spray in brushed pewter.
 The leaves are off a cheap set of ear rings and I rubbed some blue distress on them to tone down their brightness.
 A close up of the dragonfly so you can see the silver splatters.


9 comments:

  1. I knew you (as a Southern Hemisphere gal) would take this in a different direction and oh boy did you do that!!! I LOVE this version, so beautifully designed and so appropriate. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rocked it! Just shouts Spring. The dragon fly is just amazing. Clever re-purposing of the earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it must be a crafter's trait to end up crafting in 6 inches square!

    Your tag is stunning, I love the beautiful colours you chose and I just adore that gorgeous dragonfly. This really is a fabulous take on Tim's tag and so appropriate for the weather in your part of the world. Stunning work!! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you re-cycle and re-purpose and adapt. You are so good at it and this looks like a fabulous piece of art. Love the dragonfly....

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you got it done! Simply stunning! JUST GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the canvas Bella !
    Thanks for calling by earlier !
    I am off on annual leave for 3 days - so getting my Christmas shopping done !
    We are all bringing some of the stash we bought at the NEC on Saturday to Craft Club to play with tonight - it would be so great if you were there too !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on technique!!! this is awesome

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.