Saturday 18 October 2014

Finished Art Journal Pages

Wow, for the first time in 2 years my class ran over by 1 whole hour and a bit!  I normally finish BANG on time with a few minutes of shopping time to spare!   It got a little stressful at the end, with everyone trying to finish their pages, but hey, they did a marvelous job.  I talked too much at the beginning of class, but then I had never taught art journals before and tried to teach more than 3 hours could hold!  Talk about a learning curve!  I had planned an hour a double page and half for the front page allowing me half an hour to talk...Going to have to re-work that!

Here is the opening page with David's face printed onto dictionary paper and gelled onto the page with Distress paints over the top followed by archival ink stamping and then I used a Poska white marker to play round the edges and do my signature.
This page theme was taken from Vicky Papaioannou's Blog  but the base technique was completely different and I pre-cut the cups on my digital paper cutter, added a cupcake to the stack and the title!
Again this theme came from Vicky Papaioannou's Blog but I did an entirely different base page technique using gesso through one stencil and Gel medium through another which got glued to the page with gel medium and then worked over with Distress inks and distress paints.  The feather was a bought stamp and the dream catcher worked from the Martha Stewart circle punch design.

4 comments:

  1. The pages are fabulous Belinda! You obviously covered a huge amount in the few hours you had, your class must have learned a lot! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Belinda - really wish I lived closer so that I could come and take your classes. This page is so brilliant. Love how the images have a ghostly, ethereal quality to them. Thank you also for commenting on my tag for TH this month. I really am thrilled when you come by. Anyway Happy Inking from me on the opposite coast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like it was a great workshop. I bet everyone will remember this for the fun they had.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo Hoo..great inspiration here.I am itching to begin one after a long absence from Journalling.
    Judy x

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.