Saturday 21 June 2014

Finnabair inspired Steam Punk

Well I am still on my Steam punk streak.  Finnabair has long been an inspiration to me with all her texture, layers, trinkets and house hold items that she uses on her mixed media projects.  Doing one of her classes with her is on my bucket list...

Due to my addiction to Truth Coffee at the moment, I seem to be rather into the Steampunk style, so I have been playing around with some textures and ideas as seen in the canvas I did where Truth meets Tim Holtz.  but I could not leave it there...

Here are some close up photos to show you some of the layers and techniques I used on this canvas.
I glued tissue paper to the canvas, painted it with brown acrylic paint, added some black for where the bird cage was going and then some bronze Heritage Magic Touch to catch the creases. 
 In this photo you can see the depth of the plastic cogs which were taken from a dead printer and painted with some brown Maya Gold paint and clipped with bronze Heritage Magic Touch. 

The edge of the canvas was done using some cogs and the tissue paper under sticky foil strips and black paint.
 The clock inside the cog is done using the packaging from Tim Holt's metal clocks which I cut and glued behind the cog and the two cogs to the left are covered in distress ink and then clear crackle paint.
 This is some part from the printer I think (as I have a huge bag of bits from printers and computers that have died) which I sprayed with bronze perfect pearl mists and the lock was brass which I painted to match the cogs.
 The electronic bit here is from the inside of the CD rom of my old computer.
Here you can see some of the studs I got from my local habby store to use for added dimension and the raindrops made with glossy accents under the paint.

Thanks for the visit.

Bella

5 comments:

  1. Hi Bella I am really inspired by Anna's work too. I hope you get to take her class. I did one with her in Anaheim in January and I just opened my eyes to the possibilities. You have a very cool project here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Love the richness of your steampunk canvas! All the layering and textures.....one can see the Finnabar influence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is flippin' bootiful Bella. I too would like a class with Anna. You have created your version wonderfully. Love the embossing on the mannequin.
    Well done.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful canvas Bella... love the rich colours and the cool cogs... fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the first one and this is another great steampunk inspired canvas Belinda. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.