Friday 21 March 2014

My take on Finnabair style

My friend Ali H from Wales came to visit last week-end and we spend 2.5 hours playing in my study.  She brought me two pots of Silks to play with on a Finn style canvas.  You can see what we made here.

I went looking for similar paints to the Silks as they are not available here in South Africa and I found some Viva Maya Gold in Magenta to play with.

Here are the steps I took to get to the finished canvas.
First I stuck tissue paper to the canvas and used Tim's Distress paints as a base.

Then I glued on all the bits and bobs I had collected together with some of Ali's trinkets.... These range from my ink jet covers off the new ink cartriges (in orange) to parts of my sons toys from the Kinder Joy eggs... 
Added the Magenta paint over the whole lot.

I added the blue silks paint

I decided to add some more pretty bits and covered them in more paint and the final finished canvas is at the top of this post.

These are so addictive to make...Thanks Ali for showing me how.
Bella


3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this Bella. Such vibrant colours to brighten the day up too.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another gorgeous canvas I really must have a go at one of these. Just love the colours and the fact you have used ordinary objects and covered them with the paint
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so nice... I love Finns style and have never even tried to give it a go... but this looks great. Well done. :D

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.