Sunday 15 September 2013

Creating all my own paper and embellies

I have had such fun creating my paper using distress inks and stencils, then making all my embellishments with dies, punches and stamps.

Here is how I made this page:
I used white Bazzil card stock which I covered in Picked Raspberry and Mustard Seed.  Then placed a Kaizercraft template over the top and covered the bottom with Black Soot Distress ink and sprayed the top with water.
I made myself some tags by experimenting with distress paint and pearl paint dabber through another template to see what the effects were if I used them straight from the dabber or with a sponge on an applicator tool as Tim Holtz suggests in his video here from Scrap Time. Which I then covered in distress inks.

I punched out a Martha Stewart boarder, stamped it with a Tim Holtz stamp and inked it with Black soot Distress ink. 
Then I die cut some tickets and a film strip from Tim's dies and stamped them with some Do Craft stamps which I cut up from a whole sheet.

 I folded a piece of brown card stock which I die cut with Tim's camera so it made a card.  I cut an inner for the card and glued it in place.  Made the ring of the lens in another colour and layered it on some foam core that I had also run through the die.  below you can see how it opens and I can journal in here later.
Hope you enjoyed that step out.

Bella

4 comments:

  1. what a great layout you made and what a nice colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the LO you have created and I do love that Picked Raspberry paper you created along with all the others. Very striking LO. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs, Neet xx
    ps have you had your hair cut?

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Bella... you are amazing. I have to say again that that is a stunning pic of you all and I love your hair shorter... I think I have gotten into the 'gotta have it' groove and I have so much stuff that I can't create... In a real funk again and not sure if it is too much stuff or trying too hard to change my style... anything change is coming. I love this layout and the colours. Just so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Bella. This is awesome. Love the colours and that strip of book paper looks fantastic.
    Love it.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.