Friday 12 July 2013

Flat Susan Goes to Table View

Here we have FS on her throne...a somewhat doctored photo as she would not stay in focus to get the shot I wanted of the famous Table Mountain in the background!  This is a 30 minute drive from the other side of this mountain where I live in the Southern Suburbs of Cape Town.

Yes, this is WINTER, well not all the time!  They are predicting rain for the next 3 days so I was glad to get out and about to let my little guest stretch her legs.  My son who is 8, thinks I have quite lost the plot,taking a little plastic doll on a jaunt around my city, stopping to take photos at will, having conversations with her about sitting still and staying in focus etc, etc and then carrying on to our destination as though nothing unusual has happened...This is such fun!
I even did a panoramic shot to give you the perspective of how little FS must feel! 
Have a great week-end.
Thanks for the Visit

Bella

6 comments:

  1. I can just imagine your son.... "my mad mum, taking dolls out" Flat Susan looks to be enjoying the beach, glad she didn't get buried in the sand...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Sorry about your son thinking you are mad - bet he is secretly glad FS is with you so he gets taken out and about as well.
    Hugs,
    Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The loony lady and her doll :D made my day. I think it is so cool. Beautiful photo too. I miss CT.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. If anyone has seen the French movie "Amélie", they will recall this: Amélie persuades her father to follow his dream of touring the world by stealing his garden gnome and having a flight attendant friend airmail pictures of it posing with landmarks from all over the world. Flat Susan's travels remind me so much of the above! A wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous view! Yes, peeps will think we've lost it for sure! I can't wait and neither can my fella! Which really surprises me.!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photo, Bella, that beach looks so good even if it is winter there. Glad to see Flat Susan is still causing a stir, I'd expect no less of her. Got to say, my DH had no problem accepting her into the family, but Bonnie the cat wasn't so sure :) Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.