Saturday 21 January 2012

Simon Says Stamp and Show: Anything but a card!

Since meeting Tim, I have become a tag junkie.  So here is my tag that I made for this challenge over at Simon Says Stamp and Show...where you can do anything other than a card this week.


I guess I got a bit carried away and made 3 tags...This is the one above that I am entering in the challenge.  I used distress inks directly onto my craft sheet, mini misted them with water and dragged the tag through it.  I also did this to the ribbon which makes for a great match up.  I dried it and used a punch to create the Spirograph type spirals and put them on the tag and worked some more distress inks into the holes with my applicator tool.  Having done all of that I then used some of Tim's Stampers Anon word stamps to give it some interest.


I am really into perfect pearls at the moment and made my own spray for the tag above using the mini mister and some distress ink re-inker called peeled paint and a good dose of Forever Green perfect pearl.  I punched the ribbon strip from a MS punch and lay it down to spray over.  When it was dry I added the stamps and the half pearls.


For this tag I stamped a really old (20 year old!) PSX stamp and painted it with distress ink re-inkers and added some perfect pearls highlights that I made into a paint by mixing them with water.


here is a close up so you can see the sparkle.
Thanks for dropping by.
Bella




3 comments:

  1. WOW! THREE tags! And they are all beautiful! The top one is lovely with the masked flowers, the second one is awesome with that dimensional flower, and the third is gorgeous - love your distress/pearl coloring. Thanks for joining in (3 times!) with Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    Ellen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Belinda! Your three tags are fantastic! They are all so different but beautifully done! Oh...I was on Twitter for a bit last night...just watching what everyone was saying. :) When Mario tweeted a picture of some of the samples for CHA, I think it was you who said something about the Umbrella Man with the half rosette for the umbrella. That way my sample!! :) So glad you liked it. :) I was excited to see several of my samples in the picture. :) LOVE YOUR TAGS! Thanks for sharing them with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bella, all three tags are fantastic, especially love the design of the top one. x

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.