Saturday 7 January 2012

Happy Birthday Tim Holtz GM

Yip! It is Tim's Birthday today!  Over at Grungy Monday Linda is celebrating it in style with an opportunity to make Tim a card and then post it off to him!

I am a bit late in making it, seeing as today is the actual day (at least he will know I was really thinking of him then...), but I am sure it will get to him eventually (African Time and all - allowing for our postal service...) But I am sure he will forgive me as he has been here and knows that he will get it "now, now" or "just now" which means that it will probably reach him in a week or two!  Talk about an extended birthday!

I have used his Journaling Tickets with one of his Stampers Anon stamps printed with Coffee Archival ink, edged with Black soot Distress ink and finally covered with Rock Candy Crackle Paint.

His name is made up of a tile from a stacking scrabble game and some of his grunge board lettering and blocks which I covered with Pitch Black Paint Dabber and then Antique Linen Crackle Paint and the letters got a good dose of Glossy Accents.


The tag is done using various brown Distress Inks applied directly onto the craft sheet, spritzing it with a mini mister and dragging the tag through it.  When it was dry I used his crackle stamp by Stampers Anon, from his latest Christmas range printed in Coffee Archival Ink and I randomly place it round the edge then finished it off with a mask of cup cakes which I punched using an ek Success punch.  (cos in my book its not a birthday without a cup cake! or 2 or 3 or...)


The ribbon is printed with a Happy Birthday stamp I made using the Stamp Maker by Teresa Collins, with Jet Black Archival Ink.  I added the punched cup cakes which I had used as a mask on the tag cos it is always good to repeat an element on a design.

The rest is metal embellies from a local company called Fab Scraps and some of Tim's brads beaten with his texture hammer for good measure!

I had such fun making this tag for Tim, I hope he likes it!


Bella

4 comments:

  1. Really cool birthday tag, Belinda! Tim will love it! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fresh take on a card. So inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a nice card.Mines is also to late in the USA because i finished him today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's going to love it! Great colours and all the details are just perfect! Awesome tag!

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.