Saturday 22 October 2011

Demo and tag

Hello fellow bloggers!

This morning I did a demo for the big Scrapbook shop in Bellville and I was staggered at how many people came to see it! (plus minus 25, some seated and then others standing too)  I am humbled that people want to come watch me play and get inky, but so pleased that so many people are interested in the products and took 2 hours out of their day to come sit and watch and ask questions.

I realised that there is just so much to tell about each product as they are all so versatile and that 2 hours is not long enough.  Perhaps I will have to break the products down into smaller groups and do more specific demos...

There are no photos of today as I got so carried away with the demo and chatting that I clean forgot to ask someone to get a shot of the group and the display.  Someone did take on her phone and she might email it to me on Monday...

When I got home and unpacked my stuff, I got all inky all over again and created a few tags, though I have only taken photos of the one.

Although I was there to dem, I took a few min at the end to see what was new and came across these well priced stamps and bought a Santa face that has the banner at the bottom that I used in this tag and the stunning pine branches.


I used Distress Powder "peeled paint" on the pine branches over the top of Airondack "Meadow" and it worked so beautifully.  After heating this I used "faded jeans" Distress ink to cover the tag.  I then stamped the two balls with Archival "Vermillion" on scrap paper and coloured them in with Distress ink "barn door" ,covered the whole lot with clear embossing powder and heated it from below and cut the balls out and stuck them on using foam tape.  I punched holes in the tag and the ball and threaded the gold string through and tied a bow.  My hubby does not like the bows...cant tell me why...

I just inked the banner for the sentiment on the Santa stamp and then added gold smooch to the ends for some bling!

Then I took the silver angel charm and put gold alcohol ink mixative on it to change its colour and tied it to the ribbon.

That"s all for now folks!

8 comments:

  1. Oh Wow your day sounds fabulous, well done hun!!
    love your tag too xx

    kazxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply gorgeous! Love how effective this is! Sounds like a fab day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm not surprised at the numbers that showed up! I bet they are all thrilled they went. Your tag is just beautiful, you've done a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty tag. Well done Bella

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there Bella, Wow what a great day. Funny I grew up in a town called Belleville, how weird is that but in Ontario.
    Sounds like you had a very successful and rewarding day. Good for you. Nothing like getting into your zone and sharing it with others. Love your tag and card, just stunning.
    Thanks for dropping by my blog and commenting.
    Have a super weekend.
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah, Bella, so glad you had fun at your demo makes it all worth while! these are really cracker tags, love the bright bauble hanging on the green fir like that, Shaz.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are beautiful! Congrats on your successful demo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute! Love the card and tag!!

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.