Sunday 7 August 2011

Simon Says Stamp and Show a Tim Holtz Technique!



I was given a whole box of these frames and have been staring at them for months. Over at Simon Says Stamp the challenge is any Tim Holtz technique. So I dug out one of these frames and tore up some paper that I have also been staring at for ages...inked the edges with walnut stain distress ink and then glued the strips together to make one page again, glued it to the frame, cut the centre out and folded it back, folded the excess round the frame and hay presto, stuff that I have had no inspiration for suddely spoke to me!

I sprayed the top LH corner with espresso, then I got out my TH stash of stuff I have been hoarding and got going with my new glitter glue sticks together with some roses I bought in a fit of madness cos I don't do very 3D scrap pages and gave them a dose of distress ink too and added them to the TH stash and then I dug further into my stash of stuff that is "too good to be used" and found the bling word "laugh" and added that to the frame.

LIFE IS NOT A RACE,
BUT INDEED A JOURNEY.
BE HONEST. WORK HARD,
BE CHOOSY. SAY “THANK YOU”,
“I LOVE YOU” AND “GREAT JOB”
TO SOMEONE EACH DAY.
LET YOUR HANDSHAKE MEAN MORE
THAN PEN AND PAPER.
DREAMING DOES MATTER.
IT ALLOWS YOU TO BECOME
THAT WHICH YOU ASPIRE TO.
APPRECIATE THE LITTLE THINGS
IN LIFE AND ENJOY THEM.
SOME OF THE BEST THINGS
REALLY ARE FREE.
DO NOT WORRY,
TAKE TIME FOR YOURSELF
PLAN FOR LONGEVITY

The words in my frame are from The poster in Tim's studio as photographed on Twitter by Mario can be purchased here from Primitives by Kathy!

5 comments:

  1. This is lovely Bella and very effective.
    Pop over to mine as I have given you a mention - thanks for your inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say....what a LOVELY frame!! Great job!!

    THANKS BUNCHES for playing along with the teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh cool layering!! I like the embellishments you paired with this too!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the results, you can do fun things when you tear and layer paper. Everything works so well together.
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very cool! Love this technique... That must have taken a long time, but the result is certainly worth it! Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.