Thursday 7 July 2011

Grungy Monday and Simon Says


I have been away on my winter holiday down what we call the Garden Route. It is a beautiful part of our country with some still untouched areas of natural vegetation. We did a detour on our way home yesterday and visited the Cango Caves with their beautiful stalagmites and stalactites. Then we did a SERIOUS dirt road detour on our way to finding the National road again through some simply beautiful landscapes, I have to paint a few of them.




Back to the reason I am posting, well I had serious creative withdrawals, so I am playing catch up and here is my post for both Grungy Monday 14 and Simon Says Stamp and show a flourish!

Grungy Monday with Linda Ledbetter is all about using Tim Holtz's technique from 2008 where you make your own perfect pearl spray mister and use paint dabbers as resist on stamps. But to get the real low down on how to do it, go to the masters site and check it out for yourself.

The Simon Says Stamp and show a flourish is just that, show a flourish, so I decided to use the paint dabber on my flourish as the resist part of the Tim Technique and there you have both challenges rolled into one!

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous and love the way you have put the edge down the one side. I may just borrow that if I may?
    I just realised you are in South Africa - will show your blog to my friend when I come back and see if she has been there. Debbie moved back to UK some 3 years ago and now works with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bold use of red green and white - the flourish and flower are both wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun tag. Your resist worked perfectly. Loved your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there Bella awesome pickies and love tag too! ..thanks for popping over and running late sorry happy WOYWW Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bella, I love how you used the GM14 technique-- this tag is stunning! The colors are rich and the design is so elegant! I love that big, happy flower!

    Looks like you had a fun holiday, and I'm so glad! The photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous tag Bella!
    Thanks so much, the Team and I are delighted you joined us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!
    Those caves look wonderful I love exploring caves, I bet you had a fantastic time!
    HuGs Kim :)

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.