Thursday 14 April 2011

Distress Butterfly Tag





I have finally had a chance to sit down and play with my stash. To think this time last week I was counting the sleeps to the Scrapbook convention, now I am fighting sleep to be able to create!



Here is the tag I did this afternoon.



I used Espresso color wash over the masks.



For the butterfly I put the perfect pearls all over the wings using the pp ink pad and the sunflower yellow perfect pearls, glued on the top shape and inked with clear embossing ink and covered with clear embossing powder to get the glossy wings. In this photo you can see that the baby wing has not been embossed yet.

I coloured the body black and inked up the leaf die cut from sizzex tattered leaves. Drew the feelers and legs onto the leaf and stuck the butterfly down. I die cut a strip of tags and stamped the just a note (which I designed and made using the Teresa Collins stamp maker) with Coffee Archival ink then covered it in peeled paint Distress ink, poured the clear embossing powder on thickly, embossed from below and then cracked it as it cooled and added walnut stain distress ink into the cracks. Finally I distressed the edge of the tag, added clear embossing ink and perfect pearls sunflower yellow to finish it off.

2 comments:

  1. Love the tag ...interesting seeing it develope

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning tags... I love his work... got my stash also just trying to find time to play... I also went to a Bo Bunny day at Beautiful Scrapbooks... I love their paper... did some wonderful pages... put them up on my blog...http://valbellesramblings.blogspot.com/
    take a look.... :)

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.